Wednesday 10 October 2007

Swedish Infantry - Musketeer

Before launching into the 6 or so SYW in India templates I've planned I thought I'd do something nicely simple and a bit different.

The Swedish army wore a rather old fashioned, very standardised uniform in this period. The basic uniform for the majority of infantry units was dark blue with collar, swedish cuffs, waistcoat, breeches and turnbacks in yellow. White stockings were still worn, although black gaiters were slowly being introduced. The button holes had a very narrow strip of yellow lace. Buttons were tin. The black tricorne was laced white.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday 6th June 2020 I've decided to allow comments from Anonymous Users but I'll still be moderating posts, as I'm sure the spam will probably flood in now! We'll see...