Thursday 25 December 2008

Regiment Nicholas!


And this year we really do have - Regiment Nicholas! I'm not sure if they did call themselves "Santa's Own" or not but... :-)

No prizes but I'm sure some of you will recognise the war from which this uniform comes. It was not the SYW.

Happy Xmas and New Year, everyone.

Update: For those who are interested, this is my version of the uniform of Colonel [not Saint!] Nicholas' New Hampshire Regiment 1777/8, from the American War of Independence. I found a few snippets about it on the 'Net, put them together and - hey presto - a likely uniform. If anyone knows more, I'd be pleased to hear; thanks.

3 comments:

  1. David have you ever done any musicians uniforms, i.e. Austrian drummers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have thought about it (a number of people have asked over the past 18 months that I've been doing the templates!) but haven't yet got round to it/found the time for it/found the energy for it! Musicians' uniforms are, of course, generally much more complex so will take longer to do - in the time to do one of those, I could probably do 2 simpler infanty uniforms, for instance. But I'm still thinking about it so don't give up hope yet. ;-)

    David.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great start to a wonderful period! Thanks for taking the time to do this David!

    Rusti

    ReplyDelete

Saturday 6th June 2020 I've decided to allow comments from Anonymous Users but I'll still be moderating posts, as I'm sure the spam will probably flood in now! We'll see...