Wednesday 8 July 2009

Trooper of the Saxon Chevauleger Regiment Prinz Karl Revisited

I am grateful to Christian Rogge for taking time from his busy life to translate text for me from Wolfgang Friedrich's Uniformen der Kurfürstlich Sächsischen Armeen 1683-1763 - Selbstverlag Arbeitskreis Sächsische Militärgeschichte e.V Dresden, 1998 on the Saxon chevaulegers. This allows me to portray the Regiment Prinz Karl as described by Friedrich; note the different cuff detail and the button fastening the turnbacks. Otherwise this is very close to the previous version I have posted here, which was based very much on Schirmer as detailed by Pengel and Hurt.

Next, the other 2 chevaulegers regiments that fought with the Austrians, Graf Brühl
and Prinz Albrecht, both with lapels, if I can reconcile all the petty differences of detail!

5 comments:

  1. Sir David, You are a perfectionist, but that's why we love you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Bill. :-) I do try to get it right if possible - not at all easy with these uniforms...

    All the best,

    David.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Erroneous" reconstitutions are a great source of fictitious uniforms, often as 'likely' and pleasant as the 'real' ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jean- Louis,

    Thanks for the comment - yes, I quite understand that "anything goes" for ImagiNations ;-) - but I confess that I'm a "rivet counter" (as the flight simmers would say) and like to get it right if at all possible. For me, it's the authentic SYW uniforms that really matter - providing a service to ImagiNations' gamers is more by way of a bonus these days! :-)

    All the best,

    David.

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. I don't see too many of the templates used on people's blogs and websites anyway these days, especially new ones...

    ReplyDelete

Saturday 6th June 2020 I've decided to allow comments from Anonymous Users but I'll still be moderating posts, as I'm sure the spam will probably flood in now! We'll see...